IKO Rubber Slates
IKO slate manufactured by IKO, a family owned company that has been committed to manufacturing quality residential and commercial roofing products since 1951. IKO, “Setting the Standard” for quality, durability and innovation.
What is IKO Slate?
IKOslate is a composite roof tile manufactured from mineral reinforced, 99% recycled and re-engineered materials (plastics and rubber tyres). It is also fully recyclable at end of life.
IKOslate’s unique structure gives it superior strength and makes it easier to handle and install. Because moulds of quarried slates are used to form the tiles, it holds the same aesthetic qualities as slate. The tile is finished with a natural looking slate grey finish, due to the different textures and patterns within the tile.
on 0161 724 4004
for more information on our range of IKO Slate
IKOslate allows the experienced roofer, to deliver a strong roof with the look and feel of slate. All done faster and more economically than previously possible.
Installation Features and Benefits
- Use conventional power tools to install, or nail them down using a hammer or nail gun.
- Approximately 80% lighter than natural slate
- Easy to carry packs with unique carry-handle straps to make loading and off-loading as convenient as possible
- Integral spacer nibs to assist with setting out the slates, ensuring a consistent gap pattern
- Cambered profile to provide additional security of fixing by introducing pre-tensioning in the completed installation
- As to assist with slate placement, find marks on the slates, with setting out lines.
- Also found on the slates are nail hole positions. Use these markings or calculate batten spacing using traditional slate fixing methods. (Refer to Setting Out section)
- Robust and non-brittle – less breakages and less wastage
- Safe to cut and use on site – no harmful dust created
- Also, any offcuts are 100% recyclable